resepi untuk hari ni ... aku nak kongsi ngan korang suma ..
- For the pastry 250gm multipurpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspn salt 200gm shortening( should be well-chilled)
- 120ml cold water
For the filling:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlics, chopped
- 1 tblspn curry powder curry leaves
- 1 small potatoe, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- Salt and sugar to taste
Fry onions and garlics until withered, add curry leaves then curry powder. Add in some water. Stir well until gravy thickened a bit. Add in chicken, stir well. Add potatoe dices and cook until softened. Add salt and sugar to taste.
1. Mix well salt and water.
2. Sift flour. Place shortening on the flour, dice finely and mix in until the dough resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Add salt water and knead to bind the dough.
4. Divide dough into two equal rolls. Wrap with cling film and chill for 30 mins to 1 hr.
5. On a floured surface, roll out 1 dough into a thin round pastry sheet 2.5cm larger than the pie mould.
6. Line the pie mould evenly with the pastry sheet. Cut out the excess pastry.
7. Fill in the chicken pie filling of your choice. ( I used the curry puff fillings but with more chicken meat and less potatoe dices. You may also use fried minced meat as well). ** Do not fill hot filling on to the pastry dough to avoid pastry base gets melt.
8. Roll out the remaining pastry dough until flat and thin.
9. Cut the pastry sheet into 1.5cm wide strips and and arrange the strips in a lattice (anyaman tikar) over the top of the pastry. Cut out excess dough and brush with beaten egg.
10. Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 deg cel for 1 hr or until pastry turns golden brown.
p/s aku alter sikit . xguna ayam tp guna daging . pastu aku add on carrot d potong dadu . pastu ada add daun sup daun bawang . so that color full sket inti tu . untuk pastri aku add on flour sikit supaya x meleket . u all kena try n error . n one more think , masak lah with full of heart n soul .